- 17 October 2011
On October 12th, 2011 AC/DC Live at River Plate was awarded Best Music DVD at the annual ARIA music awards in Australia. "Live At River Plate" was filmed in Buenos Aires, Argentina in December 2009 during AC/DC's massive "Black Ice" world tour and debuted at #1 in 17 countries around the world.
- 17 October 2011Welcome to the all new ACDC.com, the official AC/DC website! Acca Dacca fans be sure to check out all of the new features on the site! You can now post your concert reviews, photos, and more in the tour section which includes AC/DC's complete concert history, post your blog, album review or talk about your favorite AC/DC album in the community section, add your own fan photos showing off your favorite AC/DC tattoos, collectibles, and your very own high voltage concert photos from the concerts you attended, and much more!
- 10 October 2011October 5, 2011
- 12 September 2011AC/DC drummer Phil Rudd will be opening his very own restaurant on the Harbour Bridge marina in Tauranga, New Zealand, Phil's home town. The Bay Of Plenty Times reports that Phil's Place will open its doors this month, and that many of Phil's friends from around the world will be flying in. He has of course invited his band mates from AC/DC to the grand opening. ""Sure I will invite the boys [AC/DC band members Brian Johnson, Angus and Malcolm Young, and Cliff Williams]. I've told them if they don't dress up they are not getting in. Brian is a good cook; he will get in the kitchen. It's not about pulling in the stars for the launch to make a fizz, because for me, it's got to be a smouldering hot spot all the time," says Phil.
- 5 September 2011Undercover.fm news reports that Isa (Isabelle) Scott, the mother of Bon Scott passed away in Western Australia at the age of 94 on August 30th. Isa attended the AC/DC concert as a VIP guest during the "Black Ice" world tour at Subiaco Oval on March 6, 2010, and had attended a show during every tour since Bon's death. Condolences to the Scott family from ACDC.com
- 4 August 2011
AC/DC Monopoly, the official team-up between the world's biggest and best rock and roll band and the most popular board game of all time, is here! The AC/DC Collector’s Edition of MONOPOLY® celebrates The Rock N Roll Dream with some of the greatest rock music of the 20th century and beyond. This completely customized game features the band’s most popular albums and locations including Black Ice, Stiff Upper Lip, AC/DC Lane and more, allowing fans to build their own AC/DC empire. Order your copy right here now!
- 14 July 2011A unique collection of Bon Scott memorabilia will be on display at Gateway to the Glens Museum in Kirriemuir, Scotland until August 6th, 2011. Neil McDonald who has been an avid AC/DC collector since the 1970’s is temporarily donating part of his collection, much which has never been seen by the public before, for this once in a lifetime display. Gateway to the Glens Museum, The Town House, 32 High Street, Kirriemuir, is open from 10am until 5pm, Monday to Saturday. Kirriemuir is Bon Scott’s birthplace, and the exhibition is coinciding with the “BON FEST 2011” event that just took place this weekend in celebration of Bon’s birthday on July 9th. For further information: http://www.angusahead.com/AngusListings/Events/Bon_Scott_Exhibition.asp
- 14 July 2011
- 23 June 2011
USAopoly has announced a tentative August release date for an AC/DC Collector’s Edition Monopoly board game.
The AC/DC Collector’s Edition of Monopoly is the first and only game that combines the risk taking, deal making Monopoly game play with one of the most legendary and enduring rock ‘n roll bands of all time, allowing fans to vie for control of AC/DC’s most iconic albums and international locations.Game Play: Players will buy, sell and trade AC/DC albums and international locations. Players improve their properties with Gold and Platinum Records.
6 Tokens: Cannon (“For Those About To Rock”), Bundle of Dynamite (“T.N.T.”), Bell on Fire (“Hells Bells”), Lightning Bolt (“Thunder Struck”), Angus’s School Boy Hat (“School Days”), Stacks of Cash (“Money Talks”)
- 16 June 2011"A shark cage tour operator has found that great white sharks are attracted to music by Aussie band AC/DC." reports the Australian Geographic.
Apparently, shark cage tour operator Matt Waller has discovered that great white sharks have an appreciation for AC/DC songs. After much experimentation with different music which seemed to have no effect, the sharks were attracted to the cages when they heard AC/DC songs such as "Back In Black" and "You Shook Me All Night Long".
For the full article.
- 27 May 2011
AC/DC's brand new concert DVD "Live At River Plate" recorded in Buenos Aires Argentina on the bands massive "Black Ice" world tour has debuted as the #1 selling DVD in 17 different countries worldwide, including the USA, UK, Germany, France, Spain, Australia, Argentina, Canada, Ireland, Belgium, Sweden, New Zealand, Austria, Chile, Hungary, Finland and Italy.
AC/DC's "Live At River Plate" DVD & Blu-Ray was released on May 10.
- 20 May 2011
"Rockers and Rollers: A Full Throttle Memoir" by Brian Johnson, available for the first time in the US on May 24th. Containing new, never before published material, make sure to pre-order your copy today!
By night, Brian Johnson sings in the biggest rock 'n' roll band on the planet. But by day, AC/DC's frontman drives balls to the wall. Cars and rock 'n' roll-they were made for each other.
"Rockers and Rollers" is a tribute to Brian’s obsession with four wheels. By turns surprising, poignant, funny, and maybe a little bit bawdy, these are the stories of a man who drives as hard as he rocks.
Brian will be making in store appearances signing copies of his new book at
the following locations:
Tuesday, May 24, 2011
12:30 PM EST
BARNES & NOBLE
555 Fifth AVE
New York, NY 10017
Wednesday, May 25, 2011
313 New York AVE
Huntington, NY 11743
Thursday, May 26, 2011
211 E. Ridgewood AVE
Ridgewood, NJ 07450