- 20 February 2012
Congratulations to AC/DC on achieving gold RIAA certification for the album Iron Man 2!
- 30 January 2012
Stern Pinball, Inc., the only maker of real pinball machine games announced the availability of the AC/DC pinball machine. The AC/DC pinball machine allows players to experience the power of rock and roll with their own two hands. Players will be able to rock out to 12 classic AC/DC hits including "Back In Black," "Highway To Hell" and "You Shook Me All Night Long." Other exciting game features include two separate ramps, a lower play field, ball shooting cannon, eight drop targets, a mechanized Hell's Bell and animations of the AC/DC band. Players can also join the party with a TNT detonator and the Devil's Jukebox. This tribute to one of rock and roll's most memorable bands pushes the auditory limits with its sound, style and infectious riffs. The AC/DC machine is designed to rock.
To learn more about The AC/DC pinball machine and Stern Pinball, visit www.sternpinball.com.
- 9 January 2012
- 9 January 2012According to whowon.com, AC/DC’s Brian Johnson and The Austin Hatcher Foundation are set to kick off its “Highway to Help” campaign at the annual “Roar Before the Rolex 24” test sessions on January 6-8. The campaign, which aims to raise $1million for families affected by pediatric cancer by the end of the 50th anniversary running of the Rolex 24 at Daytona on January 28-29, is also supported by Predator Performance and Allegra Motorsports. “This is real, this is going to happen, and we're all happy to have the opportunity to do this," said Johnson. “AC/DC fans all over the world are now rooting for the Austin Hatcher Foundation.” Fans are encouraged to begin participating in the $1million Highway to Help campaign today by texting “2232” to 501501 to donate $10, or visiting hatcherfoundation.org/highwaytohelp to make a donation of any amount. To stay updated on all the latest news in the Highway to Help campaign, like the Austin Hatcher Foundation on Facebook or follow @austinhatcherfo on Twitter.
- 19 December 2011
- 21 November 2011We're excited to announce AC/DC Pinball Rocks for iPhone and iPad! Take the stage and bask in the colored lights, roaring guitars, and thundering drums of AC/DC. Includes classic AC/DC hits, original voice recordings from vocalist Brian Johnson, guitar-shredding mini-games and a hyper-realistic pinball enviroment featuring AC/DC's most iconic set pieces. Ring Hell's bells, fire a cannonball salute, flick the switch to power up the power station, and take a ride with Rosie -- all in dazzling HD. Available today in the App Store for iPhone and iPad.
- 31 October 2011AC/DC singer Brian Johnson plans to raise $1,000,000 for pediatric cancer. Brian's new "Highway To Help" TEXT to Give Campaign will be raising money through texting and the internet. During the 24 hours of the 50th running of the Rolex 24 hours of Daytona using the Rock stations and AC/DC Rocker and Roller, Brian Johnson, as he races in the Rolex 24 hours of Daytona January 28th, 330pm to January 29th, 3:30pm, 2012, Brian will be raising funds to provide services to families affected by pediatric cancer. Brian will be in the following races: Oct 27-30 Savannah Nov 10-13 Daytona HSR Dec 2-4 Sebring Bobby Rahal vintage race series Jan 26-30 Daytona 24 hours For more information, check out BrianJohnsonRacing.com
- 17 October 2011
On October 12th, 2011 AC/DC Live at River Plate was awarded Best Music DVD at the annual ARIA music awards in Australia. "Live At River Plate" was filmed in Buenos Aires, Argentina in December 2009 during AC/DC's massive "Black Ice" world tour and debuted at #1 in 17 countries around the world.
- 17 October 2011Welcome to the all new ACDC.com, the official AC/DC website! Acca Dacca fans be sure to check out all of the new features on the site! You can now post your concert reviews, photos, and more in the tour section which includes AC/DC's complete concert history, post your blog, album review or talk about your favorite AC/DC album in the community section, add your own fan photos showing off your favorite AC/DC tattoos, collectibles, and your very own high voltage concert photos from the concerts you attended, and much more!
- 10 October 2011October 5, 2011
- 12 September 2011AC/DC drummer Phil Rudd will be opening his very own restaurant on the Harbour Bridge marina in Tauranga, New Zealand, Phil's home town. The Bay Of Plenty Times reports that Phil's Place will open its doors this month, and that many of Phil's friends from around the world will be flying in. He has of course invited his band mates from AC/DC to the grand opening. ""Sure I will invite the boys [AC/DC band members Brian Johnson, Angus and Malcolm Young, and Cliff Williams]. I've told them if they don't dress up they are not getting in. Brian is a good cook; he will get in the kitchen. It's not about pulling in the stars for the launch to make a fizz, because for me, it's got to be a smouldering hot spot all the time," says Phil.
- 5 September 2011Undercover.fm news reports that Isa (Isabelle) Scott, the mother of Bon Scott passed away in Western Australia at the age of 94 on August 30th. Isa attended the AC/DC concert as a VIP guest during the "Black Ice" world tour at Subiaco Oval on March 6, 2010, and had attended a show during every tour since Bon's death. Condolences to the Scott family from ACDC.com