- 12 December 2014
Released globally last week, ‘Rock or Bust,’ debuted at #1 on sales charts in 10 Countries so far including Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Switzerland, Finland, France, Norway, Sweden, and Germany where it’s the fastest selling international album in nearly ten years and sold more in its first week than all other international albums on the chart combined. In addition ‘Rock or Bust’ debuted in the top five in a total of 25 countries including the U.S., UK, Spain, Poland, New Zealand, Japan, Czech Republic, Italy, Denmark, Netherlands, and Hungary. In the U.S the band debuted at number 3 on the Billboard Top 200 chart selling over 174,000 albums in its first week.
‘Rock or Bust,' produced by Brendan O'Brien and mixed by Mike Fraser features 11 new tracks and has critics declaring the album a highpoint of their 41-year history with Rolling Stone noting “AC/DC remain hard rock’s masters.” Entertainment Weekly calls the new album a “high-octane, party-hard collection of monster jams” while Boston Globe says it is the “most head-bangingly, fist-pumpingly enjoyable hard rock ever.” And NY Newsday says it “still sounds like rock and roll heaven.”
- 10 July 2013AC/DC's 1980 album, Back In Black, has re-surfaced in the charts again, rocketing to #73 on the Billboard Top 200 in the U.S.
- 10 July 2013As reported by Ultimateclassicrock.com, Brian Johnson is expected to guest on Sting's first album in 10 years titled "The Last Ship", which is slated for a September 24th release. The music from the album will also accompany an upcoming musical.
- 10 July 2013There are a limited amount of signed "Rockers and Rollers" 3CD Audio books available only at www.brianjohnsonracing.com. autographed by Brian Johnson!
- 21 May 2013Happy Birthday Phil Rudd!
- 21 May 2013At the 2013 Bonfest in Kirriemuir, Scotland, the funding campaign for the Bon Scott statue to be erected in Bon's hometown has been started. By June 5th 2013, a total of 50,000 pounds must be collected in order to make this effort possible. The project was initiated by DD8 Music, a non-profit organization to erect a statue of Bon in his home town of Kirriemuir. The statue has the full support of all of the local community counselors and has been offered support by several local businesses. DD8 Music has commissioned renowned sculptor John McKenna to produce a work of art that exemplifies Bon's spirit and his Scottish roots. John is an incredible artist who has produced some truly magnificent work over the years. You can see some of his fantastic work at his website: http://www.a4a.com/ Now, the AC/DC community is being invited to help fund the statue project! To keep up to date with the project's plans please follows the Bon Scott Statue Twitter page: https://twitter.com/BonScottStatue and Facebook here https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bon-Scott-Statue-Kirriemuir/269001339883417 For more information and to pledge to contribute a donation toward the Bon Scott statue project: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dd8music/bon-scott-statue-kirriemuir
- 8 April 2013Happy Birthday Angus Young!
- 25 February 2013Ride on, Bon.
- 7 January 2013Happy Birthday Malcolm Young!
- 7 January 2013In addition to AC/DC's album catalog release to itunes last month, AC/DC concert films are also available for rental or purchase. Four of the videos are concert films which include "Live At Donington", "No Bull" (Directors Cut), "Live At Circus Krone", and "Live At River Plate", and in addition two compilation collections "Plug Me In" and "Family Jewels". http://itunes.com/acdc
- 17 December 2012
Happy Birthday Cliff Williams!