- 6 May 2010
- 6 May 2010Check out the "Shoot To Thrill" video featuring The Ironettes and Robert Downey, Jr. on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno last night. WOW!
- 29 April 2010The new AC/DC album "Iron Man 2" has debuted at the #1 chart position in 6 countries in its first week of release! The album charted at #1 in the UK, Ireland, Switzerland, Germany, Austria, and New Zealand. "Iron Man 2" has also debuted at #4 in Spain, Norway, Denmark, and the USA, #5 in Holland and France, and at #9 in Portugal.
- 29 April 2010If you haven't gotten it yet, check out what's included in the CD/DVD package.
- 26 April 2010AC/DC's "Iron Man 2" album for the forthcoming Iron Man 2 movie debuts at #1 in the U.K. this week, giving the band their 10th top ten album, and 3rd #1 album in the U.K.
- 23 April 2010On the site of a thousand years of violent history, ACDC were pitted against Iron Man in a ground breaking architectural projection mapping project. The front facade of the Great Keep at Rochester Castle, was brought to life using the latest in 3D animation techniques. This onslaught of the senses, saw the castle confront it's ultimate challenge. Warping, morphing, spewing and collapsing before the audiences eyes. Let there be rock!
Watch the video after the jump...
- 19 April 2010Visit Amazon.com today to watch the exclusive video premiere of "Highway to Hell" (live in River Plate Stadium, Buenos Aires, Argentina, 2009 during the "Black Ice" world tour!) from the AC/DC: Iron Man 2 album, available in stores today.
Buy the CD/DVD From: Amazon.com | AC/DC: Iron Man 2 Store
- Collector's Edition: includes 32-page hardcover book, foldout AC/DC poster, AC/DC stickers & limited edition reprint of "The Invincible Iron Man" #1 comic book with variant cover by John Romita Jr. & back cover cartoon by Angus Young
- 2LP Vinyl: 15 Classic AC/DC songs pressed in 180-gram vinyl available May 25th
- 16 April 2010
The AC/DC Fan Club Forum is now back online!
Members can still access the message board community at this location - <a href="http://forum.acdc.com/" title="http://forum.acdc.com/">http://forum.acdc.com/</a>
- 15 April 2010
On Monday, April 19th, Columbia Records will release the AC/DC: Iron Man 2 Collector’s Edition, a CD/DVD combination that includes an exclusive limited edition reprint of the 1968 “The Invincible Iron Man” #1 comic book, with a variant front cover featuring AC/DC.
In addition to the CD/DVD combos contained in the Collector’s and Deluxe Editions, AC/DC: Iron Man 2 is also available as a single CD and Double LP package. AC/DC: Iron Man 2 features 15 classic AC/DC songs selected from ten of the band’s studio albums, ranging from 1976 to 2008.
The DVD, included in both AC/DC: Iron Man 2 Collector’s and Deluxe Editions, features more than 50 minutes of AC/DC video content and exclusive first-look scenes from the film. Live concert footage ranges from their early years with the legendary Bon Scott through their current “Black Ice World Tour.” Complete track listing and DVD content description can be found below.
All AC/DC: Iron Man 2 packages – the CD, the CD/DVD Deluxe Edition, and Double LP set - are scheduled for release on April 19, 2010. The book is illustrated by Marvel artist John Romita, Jr., and features an Angus Young-illustrated cartoon on the back. The AC/DC: Iron Man 2 Collector’s Edition also includes a 7 7/8" x 10 3/4" foil-stamped 32 page hardcover book featuring liner notes from David Fricke, a foldout AC/DC poster, and AC/DC stickers.
The Collector's Edition CD/DVD combination is now available for pre-order at the new <a href="http://www.sonymusicdigital.com/ac-dc">AC/DC: Iron Man 2 Store</a> and at <a href=" http://www.amazon.com/Iron-Man-2-CD-DVD/dp/B0035WTE2U/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1271349901&sr=8-1">Amazon.com</a>
Pre-orders are also being taken at the <a href="http://www.sonymusicdigital.com/ac-dc">AC/DC: Iron Man 2 Store</a> for the Deluxe CD/DVD and Double LP versions of AC/DC: Iron Man 2. The CD/DVD set features 15 classic AC/DC songs in a hardcover package with a 32-page booklet featuring liner notes by David Fricke, plus 50 minutes of videos. The Double LP set includes the entire AC/DC: Iron Man 2 album on 180 gram vinyl.
AC/DC’s classic cut "Shoot To Thrill” is the debut video from AC/DC: Iron Man 2, which was filmed live in Buenos Aires in December during the band's highly acclaimed Black Ice World Tour, and incorporates exclusive footage from the film "IRON MAN 2." "Shoot To Thrill" was originally recorded for the band's 50-million selling album Back In Black, one of the best-selling albums of all time.
The film opens internationally beginning on April 28, 2010. In the U.S., the film will be distributed by Paramount Pictures and is scheduled for release on May 7, 2010.
Based on Marvel’s iconic Super Hero, “IRON MAN 2” continues the story of 2008’s box office smash hit “IRON MAN,” which grossed nearly $600 million worldwide, and was the first feature film produced independently by Marvel Studios. “IRON MAN 2” is being produced by Marvel Studios’ President, Kevin Feige.
AC/DC: Iron Man 2 Track Listing:
1. Shoot to Thrill
2. Rock N Roll Damnation
3. Guns for Hire
4. Cold Hearted Man
5. Back in Black
7. If You Want Blood (You've Got It)
8. Evil Walks
10. Hell Ain't a Bad Place to Be
11. Have a Drink on Me
12. The Razor's Edge
13. Let There Be Rock
14. War Machine
15. Highway to Hell
· Shoot To Thrill (“Iron Man 2” Video)
· The Making Of “Shoot To Thrill” Music Video
· Highway To Hell (Live At River Plate Stadium, Buenos Aires - 2009)
· Rock ‘N’ Roll Damnation (Live At Apollo Theatre, Glasgow - 1978)
· If You Want Blood (You’ve Got It) (Highway To Hell promo clip - 1979)
· Back In Black (Live At Plaza De Toros De Las Ventas, Madrid - 1996)
· Guns For Hire (Live At Joe Louis Arena, Detroit, MI - 1983)
· Thunderstruck (Live At Donington Park - 1991)
· Let There Be Rock (Live At Plaza De Toros De Las Ventas, Madrid - 1996)
· Hell Ain’t A Bad Place To Be (Live At Circus Krone, Munich - 2003)
- 14 April 2010
AC/DC is featured in a new book, <i>Full Metal Jackie Certified: The 50 Most Influential Heavy Metal Songs of the '80s and the True Stories Behind Their Lyrics</i>. In a new interview conducted exclusively for the book, Brian Johnson details the creative process that resulted in the lyrics to “Hells Bells” and “Back in Black,” in full chapters about each song that examine their social and cultural significance, both in 1980 and today. The chapters also feature eye-catching period photos of the band, shot by acclaimed photographer Mark Weiss.
<i>Full Metal Jackie Certified: The 50 Most Influential Heavy Metal Songs of the '80s and the True Stories Behind Their Lyrics</a> is in-stock or available for order at major book retailers, and also online at <a href="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1435454413?ie=UTF8&tag=columbia_records-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=1435454413">Amazon</a> , <a href="http://www.delmarlearning.com/browse_product_detail.aspx?catid=33262&isbn=1435454413">Delmar Cengage Learning</a>, and other online outlets.
- 12 April 2010
AC/DC had a triumphant return to the United States on Friday, April 9th in Las Vegas where they rocked the MGM Grand and saluted all our sweepstakes winners in attendance! Congratulations again to Rob Raffety, Holly McGhee, Michael Greco, and Dana Goudreault!
- 9 April 2010
Enter the AC/DC Iron Man 2 Movie Sweepstakes for a chance to win a trip to attend the Iron Man 2 premiere in Los Angeles on May 4th by clicking here! Five runner-up winners will also receive two VIP tickets to an advance screening in their nearest local market.