- 30 November 2012
2013 will mark the 40th anniversary of the Grammy Hall Of Fame, and coincidentally AC/DC's 40th year anniversary as a band. AC/DC's "Back In Black" album will be one of the few albums selected by The Recording Academy to be honored and inducted into the Grammy Hall of Fame, adding it to the collection of recordings residing at the Grammy museum.
AC/DC's classic album will join a diverse group of 27 other albums that "are memorable for being both culturally and historically significant", the qualitative criteria for induction.
- 28 November 2012
One week since AC/DC's catalog debut on itunes, 2 classic AC/DC songs have entered the official UK top 40 singles chart.
The title tracks from 1979's "Highway To Hell" at #40 and 1980's "Back In Black" at #27 respectively.
AC/DC's complete collection is now available for purchase on itunes <a href="https://itunes.apple.com/us/artist/ac-dc/id5040714" title="https://itunes.apple.com/us/artist/ac-dc/id5040714">https://itunes.apple.com/us/artist/ac-dc/id5040714</a>
- 19 November 2012Starting today, AC/DC'S entire catalog is now available digitally for the first time exclusively on the iTunes Store worldwide. From their 1976 debut High Voltage to seminal classic Back In Black and 2008 smash hit Black Ice, every one of AC/DC's 16 studio albums, along with four live albums and three compilation albums, are available for the first time ever on the iTunes Store. All tracks are Mastered for iTunes, and fans have the ability to download full albums or simply purchase their favorite individual songs. Fans can also choose from two specially packaged digital compilations: The Complete Collection, the complete iTunes-exclusive AC/DC catalog; and The Collection, which includes all 16 studio albums. Available now at http://www.iTunes.com/acdc
- 14 November 2012Check out the video for "You Shook Me All Night Long" from the new album, "Live At River Plate," in stores November 19th!
- 19 October 2012AC/DC's "Back In Black" has been named the greatest guitar riff of all time by Gibson Guitars. As stated by Gibson "Perhaps the greatest riff-oriented album of all time is the band s 1980 farewell to dearly departed singer Bon Scott. Brothers Angus and Malcolm Young cooked up some of the greatest riffs of their career on this magnum opus..."
- 5 October 2012Happy Birthday Brian Johnson!
- 12 September 2012AC/DC's first live album in 20 years, "AC/DC Live At River Plate," is coming Monday November 19th. Recorded in Buenos Aires in December 2009 in front of nearly 200,000 fans, "AC/DC Live At River Plate" is the ultimate live recording, chronicling one of the largest rock shows in history. Pre-order now on 3 disc red vinyl or a 2 CD set.
- 29 August 2012AC/DC has been selected for inclusion into Australia's Nation Registry of Recorded Sound, which honors recordings with cultural, historic, and aesthetic significance according to the Sydney Morning Herald. Since the register began in 2007, only 64 sound recordings have been included out of the over 250,000 from a collection that goes back over 100 years held in the National Film and Sound Archive. The selections were chosen after winning votes from a panel of 25 music industry figures from 70 nominations made on the archive's website by the public
- 27 August 2012
Beginning this Thursday, August 30th, Brian Johnson will be hosting his very own radio show on BBC Radio 2 "Brian Johnson's Rockers and Rollers" according to the Sunday Sun.
The show will run for six weeks starting this Thursday at 10pm and will provide a soundtrack to Brian's life featuring music from ZZ Top, Led Zeppelin, and The Sensational Alex Harvey Band, and of course, plenty of car talk as well, combining Brian's two biggest passions: Music and Motors.
Brian, who originally hails from Dunston, Gateshead says “The thing you wanted when you were a young man was a car because it was freedom!” He added: “Cars and music, the two of them sort of went together, so I start to marry the two.”
- 9 July 2012