- 30 July 2010
Billboard has reported that AC/DC's "Black Ice" world tour which lasted from October 2008 through June 2010 will end up as the second highest grossing tour of all time. The total figures at this time tally up at $441.6 million from 168 shows. AC/DC performed to approximately 4.9 million fans during their "Black Ice" tour, and only falls short of first place to The Rolling Stones "Bigger Bang" tour (2005-2007) which had grossed $558.3 million through 147 shows. AC/DC's "Black Ice" tour also tops Billboard's list of the highest grossing tour of 2010 so far, at approximately $177.5 million from the 40 shows played this year.
- 28 July 2010On July 25, 1980, AC/DC released Back In Black in the US, followed by the album's UK release on July 31.
Today, the album is a record-shattering rock 'n' roll landmark, passed along from generation to generation and guaranteed a spot on the shelves of every music enthusiast not living under a rock (and some that are). But, that's not how Back In Black started life.
The story of how Back In Black was made and the frenzy it whipped up upon its release is every bit as captivating today as the 41 minute, 48 second, no bullshit, ribcage pounding record itself. Dedicated to the band's fallen friend and frontman, Bon Scott, recorded with then newcomer Brian Johnson, and described by Rolling Stone Magazine's David Fricke at the time as "kick[ing] like a mutha," Back In Black put AC/DC in households from coast to coast, ravaging their speakers in the process.
To celebrate its 30th anniversary, we invite you to revisit the story of Back In Black, complete with videos, photos, quotes from the band, a timeline and a whole lot more.
This is the story of Back In Black.
- 9 July 2010After criss-crossing the globe for over 20 months and playing to over 5 million people, AC/DC's Black Ice World Tour came to a close in Bilbao, Spain on June 28, 2010. The Black Ice World Tour took AC/DC to 108 cities in over 28 countries. AC/DC kicked off the tour on the heels of releasing their critically lauded album Black Ice, which soared to the #1 spot on album charts in over 29 countries around the globe. The Black Ice World tour was heralded by fans and critics alike, with the Chicago Tribune calling it “a celebration of all that is great about rock ‘n’ roll,” calling the band’s music as “Rock 'n' roll that outlasts time.” Earlier this year AC/DC’s Black Ice World Tour won a Pollstar Award for Major Tour of the Year.
- 8 July 2010
Ride On, Bon...
- 8 July 2010Brian Johnson made an appearance at Ringo Starr's 70th birthday celebration concert at Radio City Music Hall in New York last night. Ringo and his all star band was joined by Brian, Yoko Ono, Joe Walsh, Steven Van Zandt, Jeff Lynne, Nils Lofgren, Max Weinberg, Foreigner's Mick Jones and others for an encore performance of "With A Little Help From My Friends".
- 25 May 2010
"Rockers and Rollers: An Automotive Autobiography" by Brian Johnson is now available for pre-order. Brian's own autobiography gives fans a glimpse into the world of AC/DC, and Brian's other passion: cars! Brian offers witty tales filled with humor and his passion for cars, car racing, and car collecting throughout.
"Rockers And Rollers" will come out in paperback on July 29 from Penguin Books and can be pre-ordered now from your local retailer.
- 24 May 2010
Turner Network Television (TNT) announced today that it has joined forces with Hall of Fame rockers AC/DC to feature the band's single "T.N.T" as the network's theme song for its 2010 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series coverage. The song will serve as the primary musical bed for all six of TNT's races, which begin with the Gillette Fusion ProGlide 500 presented by Target on Sunday, June 6 in Pocono, Pa., as well as for the network's multi-platform marketing campaign surrounding its exclusive race coverage, which includes a presence on social media, print outlets, national television, local radio and print. The song has been re-released on the band's latest album, AC/DC: Iron Man 2 which features 15 of the band's classic songs.
The network's full-length NASCAR video featuring "T.N.T." will make its television debut on Tuesday, May 25 during TNT's exclusive coverage of Game #4 of the Western Conference Finals on the Emmy-award winning Inside the NBA post-game show. Additionally, the video will be available for view on Turner-operated NASCAR.COM at: http://www.nascar.com/tnt/
- 19 May 2010
- 6 May 2010
- 6 May 2010Check out the "Shoot To Thrill" video featuring The Ironettes and Robert Downey, Jr. on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno last night. WOW!
- 29 April 2010The new AC/DC album "Iron Man 2" has debuted at the #1 chart position in 6 countries in its first week of release! The album charted at #1 in the UK, Ireland, Switzerland, Germany, Austria, and New Zealand. "Iron Man 2" has also debuted at #4 in Spain, Norway, Denmark, and the USA, #5 in Holland and France, and at #9 in Portugal.
- 29 April 2010If you haven't gotten it yet, check out what's included in the CD/DVD package.