- 19 October 2012AC/DC's "Back In Black" has been named the greatest guitar riff of all time by Gibson Guitars. As stated by Gibson "Perhaps the greatest riff-oriented album of all time is the band s 1980 farewell to dearly departed singer Bon Scott. Brothers Angus and Malcolm Young cooked up some of the greatest riffs of their career on this magnum opus..."
- 5 October 2012Happy Birthday Brian Johnson!
- 12 September 2012AC/DC's first live album in 20 years, "AC/DC Live At River Plate," is coming Monday November 19th. Recorded in Buenos Aires in December 2009 in front of nearly 200,000 fans, "AC/DC Live At River Plate" is the ultimate live recording, chronicling one of the largest rock shows in history. Pre-order now on 3 disc red vinyl or a 2 CD set.
- 29 August 2012AC/DC has been selected for inclusion into Australia's Nation Registry of Recorded Sound, which honors recordings with cultural, historic, and aesthetic significance according to the Sydney Morning Herald. Since the register began in 2007, only 64 sound recordings have been included out of the over 250,000 from a collection that goes back over 100 years held in the National Film and Sound Archive. The selections were chosen after winning votes from a panel of 25 music industry figures from 70 nominations made on the archive's website by the public
- 27 August 2012
Beginning this Thursday, August 30th, Brian Johnson will be hosting his very own radio show on BBC Radio 2 "Brian Johnson's Rockers and Rollers" according to the Sunday Sun.
The show will run for six weeks starting this Thursday at 10pm and will provide a soundtrack to Brian's life featuring music from ZZ Top, Led Zeppelin, and The Sensational Alex Harvey Band, and of course, plenty of car talk as well, combining Brian's two biggest passions: Music and Motors.
Brian, who originally hails from Dunston, Gateshead says “The thing you wanted when you were a young man was a car because it was freedom!” He added: “Cars and music, the two of them sort of went together, so I start to marry the two.”
- 9 July 2012
- 14 June 2012Check out this mashup from the "Dueling Fiddlers" as they take on AC/DC's "Back In Black" and "Thunderstruck"!
- 19 May 2012
- 20 April 2012On April 15th AC/DC drummer Phil Rudd hosted "Ferrari Day" displaying 30 Ferrari's including two of his own to help raise proceeds for the "Look Good Feel Better" charity at the Tauranga Bridge Marina in Tauranga, New Zealand which drew a crowd of thousands. According to the Bay Of Plenty Times Mr. Rudd said the event was organized as a family day and to benefit his charity of choice.
"The main thing is to get people down here and have a day of fun. Let's make the most of the rest of summer while it lasts. I didn't want this to be an exclusive event, it's not a pretentious thing, it's a family day that a whole lot of people can enjoy," he said.